UV systems from IST METZ are used for different working widths for 2D and 3D applications. The surface treatment of three-dimensional objects makes special demands on curing technology. We therefore offer a number of solutions for a wide variety of requirements of UV coatings – including heat-sensitive materials.
Get more information about the fields of application of our UV systems for your requirements on the following pages.
With the UV systems from IST, it is possible to cure coatings and finishes of plastic parts as part of a variety of different processes. Examples include the curing of top coats, protective varnishes or scratch-resistant hard coating. Either solvent-based, solvent-free or water-based UV varnishes are used in the application and subsequent final curing. Special properties, such as a scratch coating or a high-gloss appearance, can be achieved through the use of UV technology from IST. A great many different shapes can be cured partially or across the entire surface thanks to the special layout of the UV systems.
Special features of IST technology
- Low thermal load of the substrates
- Reduced energy consumption thanks to high UV efficiency
- High UV-C content (range: 200-280 nm) compared with the competition
- IST Metz has been using UV technology for more than 25 years in the cosmetics field
- The systems’ compact design allows them to be integrated easily into new and even existing coating lines
- Made in Germany: Development and manufacture of all UV core components (including UV lamp, reflectors, UV unit, ballast) at IST Group’s headquarters in Nuertingen
- Longstanding collaboration with equipment manufacturers, as well as ink and varnish manufacturers in the cosmetics industry
- Contacts with associations, as well as research and development centres
- Process expertise in 3D
- Expertise of integrating UV systems into coating lines
- The IST Metz Group offers the world’s largest product portfolio of air and water-cooled UV systems
- Development of customised, UV curing solutions using LED, UV lamp and excimer technology LED, UV lamps and excimer laboratory systems at the headquarters for customised trials and individual applications development with an IST team with many years of experience in process engineering
- Systems for hire for trials on production machinery
- Global sales and service subsidiaries for effective customer support
- Individual business models for equipment manufacturers